Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Round of Applause....

Applause: The act of applauding; approbation and praise publicly expressed by clapping the hands, stamping or tapping with the feet, acclamation, huzzas, or other means; marked commendation.


Well, I did it again. Made a complete fool of myself in front of new student employees, and I don’t even know how many. This just about ranks up there with the time I left a self help book on my desk and people started to feel bad for me, when in reality, it was a required text for my grad school class.
Soooooo…. I play the violin in an orchestra, and I often listen to what we’re playing on YouTube throughout the day. Wouldn’t you know it, I just had to pick a YouTube video with an extended round of cheering, applause, AND a standing ovation at the end of it. So, when students stopped by, they got the impression that I listen to people cheering  for funsies. Awesome. 
This, my friends, is exactly why you do not listen to recordings of live performances on YouTube while at work.

Huzza!!
AbHb

No comments:

Post a Comment