Friday, March 23, 2012

My Windshield Knows So Much; Too Bad the Pocket Dials Do Too

"One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least someone is listening."
~Franklin P. Jones

And in my case, the person I pocket dialed is listening too. Not to mention I can be rather expressive, and I don't have tinted windows, so I often draw the attention of other motorists and pedestrians; especially at stop lights.

I've learned the hard way to limit my dancing in the car because people tend to think I'm having some sort of medical emergency. But how much do you want to bet that my lame dance moves are going to be the next "robot" or "microwave" trend? I'll see you on the dance floor.

My windshield does indeed know so much. It knows what makes me laugh, it knows what makes me cry, and it knows that accidentally punching yourself in the face with the "office recieved" stamp while trying to change the date definitely leaves a mark. My windshield knows why I think people are punks, it knows the outline for my grad school papers, and that I can't seem to find the entrance to the gas station; when I really have to pee.

Needless to say, my windshield knows so much, and if you've ever been on the other end of a pocket dial, you probably know me better than I know myself. If you happen to know the outline for my most current research paper, can you please call me?  I couldn't write it down; I was driving.

AbHb

No comments:

Post a Comment